Chapter 14 – Health, Illness and Medicine: Student Worksheet
SociologicalYOU Chapter 14 introduces you to the topics of medical sociology, health, and the medical industrial complex. It also some insights into healthy aging. This chapter consists of the following modules:
|Module 1: Health, Illness, and Medicine
Module 2: The Structures of Health, Illness, and Medicine
Module 3: Problems with Healthcare
Module 4: Health and the Sociological Imagination
Module 5: Changes in Your Healthcare
Before coming to class, complete the Student Responsibilities for Chapter 14. The objective of this worksheet is to ensure that you are prepared to actively engage and participate in class. Please contact me if you have any questions or issues prior to the assignment due dates.
· Read Chapter 14 and complete the embedded quiz questions in the chapter to earn the digital Chapter 14 Completion Certificate.
· Upload your Chapter 14 Completion Certificate to the assignment submission folder.
· Listen to the Chapter 14 PowerPoint Audio Lecture located within SociologicalYOU Student Resources.
· Complete and upload this Chapter 14 Student Worksheet to the assignment submission folder.
Points to Ponder:
Complete the following questions within the text boxes. Use complete sentences and correct grammar and punctuation.
Class Survey Questions: Reflect on the chapter reading and consider how you would answer these questions during a class discussion. Select the appropriate box to indicate your answer.
1. I want to live to 100 years old.
2. I expect to live to 100 years old.
3. I am living a lifestyle that will increase my odds of living to 100.
1. Should parents have the right to choose whether or not they vaccinate their children?
2. In your opinion should healthcare be a fundamental human right?
3. Should the U.S. have socialized medicine like countries in Europe?
Click here to order this assignment @Speedywriters.us. 100% Original.Written from scratch by professional writers.